SEL Pack Team Challenge
SHAPE America National Standards
- Relationship building
- I can create a game or activity and challenge myself while building communication, teamwork and relationship building skills.
Students will work together to create a game, challenge, or activity using the equipment in the My PE Pack. Let students be as creative as possible. This activity can be done virtually with students working together on their own through a video platform, like Zoom or Google Hangouts, or through talking on the phone, texting, or e-mail. It will be good practice in building the SEL competency of relationship skills specific to the sub-competencies communication, teamwork, and relationship building in addition to the National Standard 4 around responsible personal and social behavior.
Students can then present and share what they have created and students can select activities to try at home.
Sample guidelines for activity creation:
- Determine if the activity can be done alone or with others
- Create a list of rules (if a game), activity objective, and instructions
- Create a name for the activity/game/challenge
- Bonus: the game/activity/challenge can be done virtually or at school
Health Moves Minds is a NEW service-learning program by SHAPE America that raises funds for your school and teaches kids how to thrive physical and emotionally!
This service-learning program features skill-based and standards-based lesson plans that teach kids to thrive physically and emotionally.
National Standards & Grade-Level Outcomes for K-12 Physical Education is used under license from SHAPE America. © SHAPE America 2014, www.shapeamerica.org. All Rights Reserved.